Saturday, July 8, 2017

Gratitude

Picture courtesy of Danielle Fleming "Sold in a Snap Photography"  

I have been reminded lately that there have been a lot of people who have more difficult trials than we do.  I think that is one of the reasons it is good for the soul to get out and help someone else. Then you see how blessed you are. At least, that is how it has worked out for me as I see the things others have to suffer with in their lives.  I may not like the trials I face, but I know them by now, and so that makes them easier to bear.  Some of the things that others are going through I would not wish on my worst enemy.

War is worse. The injuries there can be physical, but they can be emotional as well, and often are.
Abuse is worse, especially if the one doing the abusing is someone who should be trusted.
Slavery is worse.
Prison is worse.
There are lots of worse things.

Our lives are pretty good.  We have been through some hard things in our lives, and this is just one of those things, but we have so much to be grateful for. We are blessed.


"No matter our circumstances, no matter our challenges or trials, there is something in each day to embrace and cherish.  There is something in each day that can bring gratitude and joy if only we will see and appreciate it."  Dieter F. Uchtdorf

No comments:

Post a Comment